New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday granted interim bail to Bollywood actor Jacqueline Fernandez in connection with the alleged involvement of Aditi Singh, wife of former Fortis promoter Shivinder Singh, in an alleged fraud of ₹200 crore. The main accused in the case is conman Sukesh Chandrashekhar. Giving temporary relief to Fernandez, Special Judge Shailendra Malik allowed his interim bail plea on personal and surety of Rs 50,000. The court also sought response from the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on the 37-year-old actor’s regular bail plea and posted the matter for October 22.
Advocate Prashant Patil, appearing for Fernandez, told the court that she has always cooperated with the investigating agencies and appeared before them on all the dates when she was called. “He has handed over all the information to the ED to the best of his ability,” he said. Earlier on August 31, the court had issued summons to appear before it on September 26, taking cognizance of the supplementary chargesheet filed by the ED against Fernandez. The actor was named as an accused in the chargesheet filed on August 17 in the ₹200 crore extortion case.
He was “misled” into accepting the gift
Meanwhile, in her regular bail plea filed by advocates Patil and Aman Nandrajog, Fernandez denied the “unity of design with Sukesh” and said she herself was a victim of circumstances and criminal acts committed by the thug and his associates. The petition states that even though he never refused to receive the gift, at no point was he aware that it was the proceeds of the offense “due to Sukesh’s deceitful and double conduct, due to which he had to suffer.” suffered, and continues to suffer, great hardship”.
In fact, Jacqueline is yet another victim of criminal acts committed by the main accused and his associates, who continually lied about their true identity and accuse the applicant’s personal and professional life of either by showering him (and his family) with expensive exerted undue influence. gift or claim that he had done so, I will do so without mentioning their source,” the bail plea said, adding that he was “misled” in accepting the gift. Fernandez, a Sri Lankan citizen, has said that he has been Is a tax-paying resident of India and her “professional reputation and future work commitments” were “intrinsically linked” to the country, it said, adding that she is cooperating and participating in it. Attachment proceedings in respect of the present case.
In its charge sheet against Fernandez, the ED has said that the actor intentionally committed criminal offenses against Chandrashekhar.
“There is no risk of him leaving the Indian jurisdiction without proper authorization as a look out circular has been opened against him,” the petition said. Last week, the actress was questioned by the Economic Offenses Wing of the Delhi Police for over seven hours – the second time she was called for questioning by the Delhi Police for her alleged role in the case. Amid the probe, the actor appeared before the authorities. It was admitted that Chandrashekhar had paid a huge sum of money to fashion designer Lipakshi to design a special outfit for him.